keskiviikko 18. helmikuuta 2009

Facebook users: face the facts!

Are you using Facebook? Submitting your photos for all your friends to see there?

I am on Facebook but I shall not submit any material to it. Some vigilant friends of mine alerted me when Facebook was new. They had actually read the permissions you agree to when you sign up for stuff on line.

So here is the interpretation of the rules: "anything you upload to Facebook can be used by Facebook in any way they deem fit, forever, no matter what you do later."
Gulp.
Check this CNET article on the subject.

Sharing snapshots is nice, but I still need to own the rights.
What do you think?

2 kommenttia:

  1. Good point indeed - hyvä Lauri !! Emmehän me heitä sinne kuin sosiaalista yhteydenpidon symboliikkaa.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Good point indeed - hyvä Lauri !! Emmehän me valistuneet laita sinne muuta kuin sosiaalisen yhteydenpidon symboliikkaa - jos sitäkään ...

    Timo

    VastaaPoista